Mittwoch, 17. September 2008

ich bin muede.

that is to say, tired. it's only almost 9 and I'm downright exhausted. I can't get over how tired I am all of the time-- it's ridiculous. I think it's mostly just the sheer amount of new things-- new words, new experiences, new people, all at a bewildering pace in a foreign language.

But it's wonderful. Today, I took my first solo bike ride. I got a little bit lost and quite a bit windburned, but it was nice to be out and about in the quiet. When I got home, I had a cup of coffee and then worked on my college essays for a while. I picked up an old piano theory book and learned a few notes. I drank tea, showed my host family some pictures of back home. Tomorrow, I have my language course in the morning, then art class and then I'm having a girl over-- I'm going to help her with English and she's going to help with my German. I'm tired just thinking about it!

So, for today, pictures!

Studying...
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
look at the word in the electronic dictionary-- it's dish-washing machine.

i'd forgotten that it was wednesday, but when i walked into the church square, i discovered that had been claimed by folks selling amazing looking fruits, veggies, cheeses and breads.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

you can smell this stand from quite aways away...
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

this is the strassbahn, although not mine. i take either 4 or 7.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

and this is where i live!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

my bicycle is purple with white wheelcaps and pedal breaks.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

brrrrrrrring! brrrring!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

this is my room, although i cleaned it yesterday, so now i have more space on my desk.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

i feel like i live in the secret garden, sometimes.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

tooth and nail
katie

ps-- elvis is a rabbit. he has eyes-- they just took me a while to find.

1 Kommentar:

Emily hat gesagt…

Katie nice pictures, i absolutely adore elvis he looks like a cutie. i saw that in the pic of your room you had a guitar nice. so whose this girl ;) need details. the town look very cute i want to be there...wish teleportation was possible